[Opensim-users] Region handshake issue

Matthew Sable mdsable at umd.umich.edu
Thu Aug 12 18:06:32 UTC 2010

I am working on an Opensim server at a university.  We have been given
a static IP for the server machine.  We can verify that the server can
be accessed from outside the campus because we can telnet to the
address and we can access a website from that address.  The
"Regions.ini" file has "0.0.0.0" as the internal IP and the static IP
as the external IP.  We use port 9000 and that is also set up in
"Regions.ini."  On campus, we can log in using the Hippo Viewer just
fine.  Outside of campus, login hangs at "Region Handshake."  The
server uses Windows Server 2008 with exceptions in Windows firewall
for both TCP and UDP for port 9000.  Even with the firewall turned
off, it still doesn't work.  Strangely, it did work once for about a
day.  I don't believe anything changed after that point.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.