[Opensim-users] Flailing Fix? (clive gould)

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:39:33 UTC 2009

clive gould wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone else tried the 0.6.7 post-fix to prevent flailing?
>
> I'm not sure if I've installed it properly?

Basically, if there's any change in behaviour at all then you can assume that
you've installed it properly, since it was only a one commit change.

> My avi is more stable (less likely to flail) when walking forward on
> flat ground and then standing still.
>
> However when walking backwards and then standing still flailing will
> still sometimes occur.
>
> If I press the PgDn key when stood still flailing quite often occurs.
>
> Have a made a mistake with the upgrade or do other users who have
> applied the post fix get the same results?

Feedback from others would be good.  What would also be good to try is see if
this issues also occurs in the latest trunk (though I remember you had issues
with it).

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey