[Opensim-users] Grey avatars & no hair or eyes!

William Magee billmagee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:47:45 UTC 2009

> However, if we TP to another region, then it's back to grey.

In the SL blog I mentioned
(https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/features/blog/2006/10/12/gray-and-missing-image-avatars),
James Linden says:

"Try not to teleport immediately after changing outfits, especially if
your avatar is still changing shape or images on your screen. One of
the bugs we found that isn’t fixed in this release can cause “missing
image” when quickly changing outfits before teleports. It usually
affects the face or eyes."

It seems we are dealing with the same or similar issue here, 3 years
later. The assets need time to upload -- apparently a lot of time.

Regions are standard in standalone mode - usually assets follow the
avatar from region to region.

What you say about standalone mode seems true. I have a 0.6.7 on an
Ubuntu laptop running in grid mode - no problem with the eyes. Same
release on an Ubuntu machine running in standalone shows this white
eye problem.

Switch over to grid mode. That might help.

Good luck!

Bill