[Opensim-users] Grey avatars & no hair or eyes!

Kevin Buckley kevin at buckley70.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 19 16:27:46 UTC 2009

OK - some progress.  I am running standalone - but I have created a number
of different 'Regions' (defined in Regions.ini).  I have one AV 'homed' in
one region (set during 'create user' - at 1000,1000 for example) and another
in a different region (at 500,500 for example).

Each AV sees itself OK (except for the white eyes!).  If I TP one AV so they
are now both standing next to each other, then each one sees the other grey.

HOWEVER - if I give the visitor AV a copy of some body parts (skin, hair
etc.) and he wears them, hey presto!! He becomes visible!

However, if we TP to another region, then it's back to grey.

So a few questions:

1) Are you allowed to have regions in standalone mode?
2) Do I need to enable or config something to enable assets to follow the AV
from region to region?

Thanks, Kevin