[Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.6.7 source packages now available for download

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:52:14 UTC 2009

Ai Austin wrote:
> At 22:29 14/10/2009, Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> The OpenSim 0.6.7 source release packages are now available from
>>
>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
>>
>> As usual, the caveats about alpha level code and minimal (or no)
>> documentation
>> apply, though I did make some notes on the ROBUST wiki page about
>> which changed
>> need to be made for a 0.6.6 to 0.6.7 migration.
>

> Quick feedback as I configure things moving from our UGRM 0.6.6 to URM 0.6.7...
>
> The provided Opensim.Server.ini.example does not contain the
> [GridService] section.  I found that in
> Opensim.GridServer.ini.example.  Can it be copied in as is, with a
> change of just the database provider to MySQL and give the correct
> connection string?  Then add in the GridServiceConnector in the
> connectors list?  Given that -0.6.7 is meant to be set up for URM,
> would it be better to change that in 0.6.7 postfixes?

To the best of my knowledge, OpenSim 0.6.7 only requires the asset and inventory
services to run under ROBUST, not the grid service.  It might be possible to run
the grid service under ROBUST in 0.6.7 but personally I would hold off (unless
anybody can point to/provide instructions).

You could try using the [GridService] setting in a current trunk copy of
OpenSim.Server.ini.example.

> I also see comments in the Opensim.Server.ini exaple file relatign
> theto the "realm" used for the AuthenticationService and the
> UserAccountService saying that the real should be set to "users" for
> compatibility with the previous users table.  Should that be done for
> both?  Or will a migration take place if the first is left as "auth"
> as in the example default?

Personally, I would leave both set to "users".  The default in the code is
actually "users" for both, so I am going to change that commented line in the
example config.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey