[Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.6.7 source packages now available for download

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:28:09 UTC 2009

At 22:29 14/10/2009, Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com> wrote:
>The OpenSim 0.6.7 source release packages are now available from
>
>http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
>
>As usual, the caveats about alpha level code and minimal (or no)
>documentation
>apply, though I did make some notes on the ROBUST wiki page about
>which changed
>need to be made for a 0.6.6 to 0.6.7 migration.

Quick feedback as I configure things moving from our UGRM 0.6.6 to URM 0.6.7...

The provided Opensim.Server.ini.example does not contain the
[GridService] section.  I found that in
Opensim.GridServer.ini.example.  Can it be copied in as is, with a
change of just the database provider to MySQL and give the correct
connection string?  Then add in the GridServiceConnector in the
connectors list?  Given that -0.6.7 is meant to be set up for URM,
would it be better to change that in 0.6.7 postfixes?

I also see comments in the Opensim.Server.ini exaple file relatign
theto the "realm" used for the AuthenticationService and the
UserAccountService saying that the real should be set to "users" for
compatibility with the previous users table.  Should that be done for
both?  Or will a migration take place if the first is left as "auth"
as in the example default?