[Opensim-users] Opensim 0.6.6 release standalone hangs at 'Waiting for region handshake' (LoginPacketNeverReceived) on other intranet computers (Kevin Buckley)

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 02:55:11 UTC 2009

Yes that is the idea!

In my experience there are several sources of problems:

1) Obsolete stuff that no longer applies and that everyone has forgotten about.

2) Stuff that is specific to an OS or specific hardware/OS/config setup. Generally this is not a problem s long as it is clearly labeled.

3) Someone adds new stuff in addition to old material but which contradicts the old. This is harder to figure out and I have found that trial and error is often the only way to see what is really going on! For example the "exploration" I did a few weeks ago concerning the "welcome" page. I am now almost 100% convinced that something like an Apache web server is needed for this facility even though some code for this exists in OpenSim!

Karen