[Opensim-users] Animeeple download problem (was Re: Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 09:40:30 UTC 2009

I have often had trouble with Google Analytics in being able to access it from some places and not others when I travel.

I don't think it is directly my firewall, but more likely some sort of bad routing somewhere along the chain.

I have seen the same thing with Yahoo mail, especially when you move a long distance - like Phoenix AZ to Singapore as we did a couple of years ago. Normally Yahoo services you from one of their local servers, but when you are travelling that is not always possible.

I have found that they seem to move your "host location" after about 6 weeks to a month, until then you have all kinds of strange problems cropping up! Of course when you return home you get to do it all over again :-)

In this case the problem seems to be that the Javascript crashes when it can't reach Google-Analytics, which given the vagaries of the internet is bound to happen fairly often!

Most websites who use the service simply return an error and continue this is not ideal but at least keeps things going!

Actually it is an indication of just how complex the whole thing is when you "look under the hood"!

Karen