[Opensim-users] Voice Installation Class

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 8 08:39:25 UTC 2009

At 02:56 08/10/2009, Robert Klein <rtkwebman at gmail.com> wrote:

>The installation of Freeswitch on Ubuntu Jaunty was horribly convoluted and
>when I ran it up it dumps me to a console and I have no idea if it is even
>set up correctly. No errors are listed. Compiling Freeswitch is insane. Then
>I made the changes to OpenSim.ini which are pretty straight forward, ran
>OpenSim.exe and voice stays ghosted out on the Land/Media settings.

We have the same experience.  We are on Windows Vista... with
UGR(AI)M setup on 0.6.6 svn 9993 and have the Freeswitch software
running on its own server (also Windows Vista).  We can see logs of
connections to Freeswitch for the one (?) region that seems to be being served.

But the plot/area has the voice icon present but greyed out even
though we believe we have all set up and all ticked for it to work.

We do plan to try again, so if someone has (or is willing to mail
here or add  to the wiki) the idiot instruction set they would like
to see checked, we would be guinea pigs.