[Opensim-users] Region Handshake Failure

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:21:44 UTC 2009

At 11:01 01/10/2009, Clive Gould <cliveg at gmail.com> wrote:
>I have an OpenSim 0.66 server running successfully on an
>instituional intranet.
>
>When I try to log into the server from a client on another of the
>internal subnets login is successful but the connection fails at the
>point of waiting for the region handshake....
>
>Anyone have any ideas please?

I had the same problem on 0.6.6 (svn 9993) and found some odd things
with using 127.0.0.1 as the internal IP address for the regions.  I
altered that in the region.xml config files to 0.0.0.0 and it worked.

So try altering the config xml files internal IP address from
127.0.0.1 if that is what you have them set to, to 0.0.0.0