[Opensim-users] Regions not responding and Xloc, Yloc being out of sync.....

Tim Gildersleeve tim at gildersleeve.org.uk
Wed Nov 18 13:27:50 UTC 2009

Hi all

A while ago (29th IOctober 2009) I posted to this list a problem I was
having whereby regions were being remapped  ie, in the Regions file a region
may be 1001,1001 but when looking in the database, they were 256256,256256
etc.

I have just updated to the latest git branch (I did revert to 0.6.7-release)
and now have the same problem again.    The Regions.ini file put the regions
in 1001,1001 but according to the database table they are at 256256,256256.
   When I try and login im getting errors:

"The region you are attempting to log into is not responding.  Please select
another region and try again."

in the console its saying:

13:21:12 - [LOGIN]: Home region of user XXXXXXXXXXXX is not available; using
computed region position 256000 256000
13:21:12 - [LOGIN]: Sending user to default region 1100611139660032 instead
13:21:12 - [LOGIN]: Telling Westland Islands @ 1001,1001 (
http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:9000/) to prepare for client connection
13:21:12 - [LOGIN]: Found appearance for XXXXXXXXXXXX
13:21:12 - [LOGIN]: XmlRpc request to region failed with message Requested
method [expect_user] not found, code -32601
13:21:12 - [LOGIN END]: XMLRPC informing user XXXXXXXXXXXX that login failed
due to an unavailable region

So it seems that im trying to login to a region that is computed and is at a
different position than the one that really exists.

I don't really know what else to try - but its really getting annoying.

Ive not heard of this problem anywhere else - so im sure its something im
doing wrong - but I havent a clue what that might be.

Does anyone have any clues?

Regards

Tim