[Opensim-users] Megaregion Land Texturing - Any Updates?

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:24:50 UTC 2009

Hi everyone!

     I had filed a Mantis on this a few months ago and then learned one had
already been filed so mine was combined with that one.  The issue is land
texturing when it comes to megaregions.

     Do any of you have any status updates on this issue or know of some
sort of a workaround, aside from simply managing individual regions rather
combining them as a megaregion?

     This is a major roadblock to me because I've been investing a huge
amount of work on an island that is 4 regions wide by 3 regions high -
essentially a total land mass of 12 regions.  And, as you might imagine,
with an island this size I prefer some variability in texturing textures and
heights for each region.

     I could deal with just one set of rules for the four elevation textures
island-wide if there is a way for me to replace the default "built in" land
textures at least.

     In its current state, when I change the region textures and related
options, they only affect the first region in the group while all other
regions keep the default texturing that is initially provided for all new
regions.

     So again, if there's an easy way to simply replace the default textures
I could at least work with that.  My desire for sandy beaches, green lawns,
rocky cliffs and snow-capped mountains are currently not possible for
megaregion setups.  :(

     Heck, I will more than gladly send a developer *a couple hundred $* via
PayPal or similar service just to get some sort of stable megaregion
texturing patch incorporated..

Thanks all!

- Len W. Brown
     lenwbrown at gmail.com