[Opensim-users] Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Tue Nov 10 20:14:40 UTC 2009

diva at metaverseink.com wrote:
> The map images stopped working at some point. Haven't had time to find
> out what the problem is.

OK
> For the time being, and given that there are no global names in the
> viewer to denote foreign users, you must make the region have public
> access.
It has public access ("Allow Public Access" is set in Region/Estate).
However, it also has the
defaultpermissionsmodule, so does one need to disable permissions
(username, password) to
get hypergrid TPs to work?
> (I'm sure there is a hacky way of going around that by adding
> data to the database directly; or maybe turn off permissions, have your
> foreign avie go in, then maybe the viewer will let you add it to the
> allowed list, and you can turn permissions on again -- not sure if this
> will work, maybe.)

hmm....  I will play around with it. If I can turn off permissions but
make it so that the Master User
is the only one who can edit assets and create prims, that might work. I
am OK with letting anyone
in -- I just don't want them to be able to create/edit.

-p