[Opensim-users] Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Tue Nov 10 18:33:13 UTC 2009

I haven't tried hypergrid in a while, but after several attempts, I am
running into a coordinates
issue but it seems unrelated to the 4096 distance problem.  Here is the
setup: 64-bit Windows 7
at home running opensim32bitlaunch and 64-bit Ubuntu at work. I am not
using the diva distribution,
but hand-configured both home and work using the instructions:

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Installing_and_Running_Hypergrid

 I successfully start up the home 2x2 opensim. Both home and work have
been configured as:

 1) [Network] variables configured to reflect the respective IPs
 2) WorldMapModule = "WorldMap", WorldMapModule = "HGWorldMapModule",
      and MapImageModule = "MapImageModule" are set
 3) The [Architecture] is set to hypergrid standalone
 4) 2x2 regions (with work being set as a megaregion)
 5) the coordinates for both is 1000,1000 as the root
 6) a home location (marker) is set in region 1000,1000 for both

the command from home is:   link-region 1004 1004 <workhostname> 9000 local
but other coordinates (such as 1010 1010) also have the same issue.....

with the result:

[HGrid]: linking to <workhostname>:9000
[HGrid]: successfully linked to region_uuid .....
[HGrid]: failed getting/storing map image, because it is probably in the
cache
[HGrid]: Unable to link, region has incompatible coordinates <1000,1000>

Has anyone received the "incompatible coordinates" error? One thing I
noticed was that
in the wiki instructions, different port numbers are used than the ones
found in OpenSim.ini.example.
In OpenSim.ini.example, we have:

grid_server_url uses 8003
user_server_url uses 8002
asset_server_url uses 8003
inventory_server_url uses 8003
messaging_server_url uses 8006

and in the wiki instructions the ports are 8001, 8002, 8003, 8004, and 8006.

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor