[Opensim-users] MySQL backups (was RE: linking regions and hypergrid)

Michael mikeeab at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:40:03 UTC 2009

I also use a shell script under linux, scheduled as a cron job. You can just
copy the DB files, of course, but you are also copying all the cruft that
way too. If one needs to restore data, may as well also wind up with a
squeaky clean DB as well. :) Here's the simple version of the script I use,
which also gzips the SQL file. Edit it to suit.

#!/bin/sh
TIMESTAMP=`date +%m%d%Y-%H%M%S`
mysqldump -u username -password databasename | gzip >
/path/to/backupdir/dbname_$TIMESTAMP.sql.gz

Marcus Llewellyn