[Opensim-users] MySQL backups (was RE: linking regions and hypergrid)

Kevin Buckley kevin at buckley70.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 9 09:05:54 UTC 2009

I'm using a batch file (modified from something I found on the net) in
Windows Scheduler to do my backup at 5am using 'mysqldump':

REM Rock's quick database backup script
REM Place this batch file into Microsoft Scheduler, set to daily
cd "c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin"
mysqldump --opt -uroot -p***** opensim2 > z:\MySQLBackup\opensim2.sql
REM Now rename & datestamp the file
z:
cd "z:\MySQLBackup\"
ren opensim2.sql "%date:~6,4%-%date:~3,2%-%date:~0,2%opensim2.sql"

This avoids having to know anything about the MySQL installation.

z: is a remote 1Tb network drive on my system. opensim2 is the name of the
database.  The individual backups are named like '2009-11-09opensim2.sql'.

Using this method do I still need to backup the other stuff separately?

Kevin