[Opensim-users] linking regions and hypergrid

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 07:14:21 UTC 2009

I defer to Diva - she knows what she has done far better than I ever will! :-)

FWIW her object is to provide a "kick start" that lets you see what a working grid looks like. That seems like a trivial step, but until you have something that works you really have no idea what is going on!

Once you have something going (even a "hello world") you can make small changes towards what you want and fix things as they break.

My solution to your conflict problem? A virtual machine - VMware, VirtualBox, whatever - that way WHEN (not if) you screw things up you just reset the VM and start over. It is not totally hassle free, but sure much better than trying to figure out a database corruption issue that went on for several weeks before you noticed it!

I could tell you tales ... As could anyone who has been doing this for very long!

JESUS SAVES - early and often AND SO SHOULD YOU!

(Actually I notice that you are, but it never hurts to remind the lurkers!)

Karen