[Opensim-users] linking regions and hypergrid

Kevin Buckley kevin at buckley70.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Nov 8 23:11:01 UTC 2009

Karen

I had a quick look at the diva hypergrid distribution.  I'm interested
because ultimately I think hypergrid is the way to go and also, right now,
I'm fed up with the grey avatar/white eyes syndrome and maybe doing
something different might fix it (hahaha).

I have a question though: what does 'configure.exe' actually do?

I'm already running a standalone with multi-regions, using MySQL, which a
few of us are using and doing some building and asset generation.

I can't use Port-9000 because it's used for something else on my server.  So
I use Ports 91xx for a 'Production Grid' and, if I want to test something, I
snapshot the /bin directory and the MySQL schema and run an identical
version on Ports 92xx.  If that works, then I migrate the changes to the
Production Grid.  And I do an automated back-up of EVERYTHING! Every day,
lol.

I don't want to try playing with the diva release and find 'configure.com'
trashes my existing setup or MySQL database.

Thanks, Kevin