[Opensim-users] Assistance with OpenSim Loads

Andrew Hughes hughes at designingdigitally.com
Fri Jun 19 20:51:10 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

I was using the opensim today with 25 students on a local network and it
seems as if the server side software could not even handle 25 users. I am
very concerned about this as I would like to scale this up to around 500
users and build my own grid. However, it seems as if the stability of the
software cannot handle that large of load (obviously) so is there a way to
balance those loads between multiple servers, and if so can you run the
server side software multiple times on the same windows machine and link
them together? Just curious what you guys think can be a solution to this
issue. Thanks!

--
Have a creative day,

Andrew M Hughes
President
Designing Digitally Inc.

-A Second Life ® Gold Solution Developer.
-A proud member of the Better Business Bureau with an overall BBB rating of
A-.
-General Services Administration (GSA) IT Schedule 70 Contract Holder.
Address: 8401 Claude Thomas Rd. | Suite 23 | Franklin, OH 45005
Phone: 866-316-9126
Fax: 866-701-0029
Email: hughes at designingdigitally.com
Website: http://www.designingdigitally.com
Blog: http://www.designingdigitally.com/blog/
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.
Neither the sender nor the company for which he or she works accepts any