[Opensim-users] Avatar capsule - Avatars separation

Ethan Grammatikidis eekee57 at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 16 11:58:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:55:19 -0700 (PDT)
Aramil Elessar <aramil_ewing at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> We have been doing some test with av capsule and av density under ODE to try to find a match that allow avatar to hug or kiss each other but so far not luck at all, the avatar are far away from each other,  but just in case, someone found a solution for this? whithout make the physics go crazy? Im on a 64bit box, but running opensim with 32 launcher. We test recompiling ode on 64 and running opensim on 64 as well but if we make the capsule smaller than 0.30 weird things start to happen.

Animations can move the avatar image independantly of its physics representation. For examples see many dances where the avatar can dance around meters from it's capsule. This is how hugs & kisses work in SL, the animations move the avatars closer together. Granted there is at least one free pair of kiss animations which fail to do this, but I have an ancient pair of hug animations which move the avatars very close together, almost too close.

--
Ethan Grammatikidis
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne. -- Chaucer