[Opensim-users] Problem installing

Andy Konstandinidis knave84 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:40:55 UTC 2009

Hello Lawrence, maybe it's an issue with your firewall? Or maybe some of the
router ports have to be opened? This tutorial helped me get started:
http://chapter-and-metaverse.blogspot.com/2008/11/installing-opensim.html

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Lawrence Ong <lawie2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Dont know if this is the correct place to ask this, but I have some
> installation/connection problem
>
> I Followed this Install-connect walkthrough, a bit outdated:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8fwqdaCTrc
>
> Anyway, i managed to install all the programs, I installed the opensim.
> I have managed to launch it. But when everything is set, And i try to
> connect with this hypoclient, I can find my own sim, but i cant connect to
> it. It says an error, like there is no internet.
> the dosprompt says it can find my persona, and says its connected, yet I
> fail to connect with the client.
>
> Anyone has any clues how to solve this? Or does anyone else have a link
> with a tutorial or how to get through? The opensim site doesnt really give a
> noobie tutorial :P
> Im sorry if this isnt the right place to ask this.
>
> Anyway if anyone can help me out
> Thanks in advance
>
> Lawrence

Andreas Konstantinidis

Research Assistant, SEERC (South- East European Research Center)
PhD Candidate, Informatics Dept., A.U.TH.