[Opensim-users] how change the user passwords?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 19:05:45 UTC 2009

In the database the password is encrypted. Opensim does provide a "password reset" function though.

For my setup I use the Linux MySql Administrator and MySql query browser. They are GUI driven and work well for MySql issues.

They are both available in the Ubuntu "universe" repository.

The query is about the only way I know to find unknown user names though - a great boon for the fumble fingered! :-)

Karen