[Opensim-users] www.opensimworlds.com

Robert Klein rtkwebman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 01:55:06 UTC 2009

Hey AI thanks for the wonderful content and it is really helping to expedite
my training and education area.

I did find the overwhelming load culprit though. It is the building with the
video screens. There are a number of chairs positioned all thoughout the
building and each one has a script. The sim registers somewhere around 450
scripts associated with just that building. I can't imagine having that many
avatars sitting in one building! LOL  I deleted that building and re-oared
the region, my load oar went from just under 2 hours to just over 4 minutes!

I think this is a valuable lesson on oar sharing. When I design online
training content I try to shoot for the LCD (lowest common denominator) or
there abouts so people with less awesome machines (laptops, netbooks, and
older computers) can still enjoy using the content. We might want to
consider this when sharing oars and particularly if we are going to start
adopting megaregions.

So keep the great content coming and maybe keep the number of chairs on a
region to under 50 until we can all get 16 core 32gb totally awesome
servers! Ha ha ha...

-Robert