[Opensim-users] llRotLookAt() anytime soon?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:08:50 UTC 2009

Kevin Buckley wrote:
> Actually I'm more interested in fixing llBreakLink() which I believe has a
> couple of bugs (see mantis: 0004404).  I had a quick look at the code but
> without a lot of underlying information about how Opensim is put together I
> couldn't be certain of how to fix it.  If you could recommend one piece of
> documentation (hahaha) which would help a maybe wanabe patch contributor get
> up to speed, what would it be? - Regards, Kevin

Yeah you're right, unfortunately I don't remember ever seeing (or writing) any
documentation on linking.

The nearest thing may be to read the unit tests in
Scenes/Tests/SceneObjectLinkingTests.cs in the OpenSim.Region.Framework.Tests
project.  This might give you some sense of how linking/delinking is actually
done at the logical layer (as opposed to the viewer or scripting layer).
However, I'm not sure if the tests are extensive enough to help much.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org