[Opensim-users] Getting started with region modules

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:34:45 UTC 2008

Diva Canto wrote:
> Dear opensim users,
>
> With help from Paul Fishwick, I wrote a tutorial for getting people
> acquainted with the opensim application development model -- something
> very unique to opensim.
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_Region_Modules
>
> It may not look like it, and it may not be documented anywhere (except
> in the first paragraph of the opensimulator.org site :-), but opensim is
> a framework that can be extended in all sorts of ways for building
> custom virtual worlds with unique characteristics. This "hello world"
> example is only the tip of the iceberg. We hope people will find this
> useful to learn more about opensim and start exploring!

2 minor things.  If you use the <source> tag you can get code
highlighting.  I adjusted your first code example in that page as an
example to get you started.

Secondly, could you merge / remove the
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Region_Modules page with this?  Yours is
much better done, so it would be good not to have the other being what
people find and use (or there should be some cross reference).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade
sdague at gmail.com