[Opensim-users] Terrain load problems for 2x2 grid

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Tue Nov 11 16:17:31 UTC 2008

Rhian
 Windows XP, OpenSim: version 0.6.0 (according to
show version in opensim.exe), Database: MySQL,
Grid (2x2). I got my version as the downloadable binary
from: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Downloads (official
nightly build).
-paul

Rhian wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I have replied to your mail outside the list, however, I'd like to
> continue my attempt to help solving this issue here.
> Can you please tell me what your current setup is?
> OperatingSystem:
> OpenSim revision:
> Database used:
> Standalone/grid:
> Did you get your version of OpenSim from svn, nightly build or other prebuild?
>
> As I mentioned earlier, I have done the same in both standalone and
> grid mode, and with Windows XP as well as Debian. I don't see the
> issues you mentioned.
>
> Rhian
>
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Paul Fishwick <fishwick at cise.ufl.edu> wrote:
>
>> Rhian
>>  I did this as well. I export as RAW using the 32 bit floating point
>> option. Then I get a file:  terrain.raw. I then move this to
>> terrain.r32 using a DOS window. I'll send you the file in
>> another email.
>> -paul
>>

>> Rhian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> I have done the same sort of thing recently, but the only thing that I
>>> have done differently is exporting as .RAW (32-bit floating point),
>>> then changing to .r32 from the commandline.
>>> My map is actually a 3 x 1 region, not 2 x 2, but the principle is the same.
>>> (See OSGrid: BubbleBay-1, 2 and 3)
>>>
>>> If you want I can take a look at yours.
>>>
>>> Rhian

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
University of Florida
Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
Bldg. CSE, Room 301
P.O. Box 116120
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu