[Opensim-users] ports and firewalls..

Miss Suzhanna Rossini suz at balsasluts.org
Fri May 16 07:59:17 UTC 2008

I just noticed that tcp port 8895 need to be open for region to region traffic.. *sigh*
Is it REALLY needed? Or can it be set to another port?
In my case I'm experimenting with 4 simulators, running on 4 different machines in a NATed subnet, and that works just fine, of course.
But if I want to enable external access then? I only have one public/external IP address, and it's just impossible to route traffic on one port, from one address, to the correct simulator machine on the internal subnet.
External access for a client is working, but what if someone want to hook up a region to play with?

So, how to do? Ideas please... Anyone?