[Opensim-users] Getting rid of NAT Loopback uncapable routers...

Olish Newman olish at newworldgrid.com
Thu Jul 17 18:04:28 UTC 2008

Hello !

I'm looking for a way to be able to TP inside locally hosted regions (at
home) attached to an external grid.

People having a router that is NOT Nat Loopback capable can't TP inside
their regions, but others can do.
There's a way for Linux using iptables. But Microsoft Windows terribly
lacks this functionnality.

I searched on the web for hours and I finally found the devcon.exe
Microsoft utility that can create virtual Loopback adapters. I'm not
sure if this is the right tool to reach the goal but if there are
Microsoft savvy people, any help would be very much appreciated as we
could achieve to TP inside locally hosted regions on Windows despite of
NAT Loopback uncapable routers... :s

Any thoughts ?

Kind regards,
Olish Newman.