[Opensim-users] Open Sim question regarding Saving settings

James k j_jamesk at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 07:45:49 UTC 2008

HiFirst of all I would like to apologise if I'm posting this to the wrong email address.I have a question regarding Open Sim and where it saves land & clothing details.

I have an open sim grid running with two land tiles and two test accounts, when I log into the open sim and do tasks such as change clothes on my avatar or build an object, when I logged off and I shutdown the opensim console by typing "exit" it seems to save/backup the data but when I start the sim back up again and log in, my avatar's clothes have defaulted to the basic clothes and hair and the land editing that I did has reverted back to the default land mass.

This does not happen when using the flat file database (sql lite) but when I change the opensim.ini to use the mysql database no changes seem to get saved.

Has anyone else experienced this?Thanks

James