[Opensim-users] couple of questions - mysql, users, terrain, knee deep

Gryc Ueusp gryc.ueusp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:22:47 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 4:13:24 pm sered secondlife wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently running 0.5 in local grid mode, with MySQL as a database.
> I wonder if there's a web interface to add users to the database? That
> would allow for easy registration. I think I saw something like that
> once, but am not sure. Anyone know such a tool? Experiences?

You can try opensimwi-redux (https://sourceforge.net/projects/opensimwiredux),
it's what OSGrid uses.  Or if you're feeling more daring, you can try
GridMonkey (http://gridmonkey.terrabox.com)

> After I upgraded to 0.5, I was able to reload the prims I saved from the
> 0.4.x install. The prims correctly positioned themselves at an altitude
> of 21 meters. But for some reason, all avatars are knee deep into the
> terrain, or walking with crooked legs, as they seem to think they have
> to walk at 20 meters altitude. Is that something I have to configure
> somewhere?
>
> Finally, I currently run one island on one region. Not *that* big. There
> are some instructions at the opensim website on how to work with
> regions, but there's not really a coherent manual (or even a shortlist
> of instructions) that I am aware of that explain how to work with more
> than one region. Is anyone aware of something like that?

In your Regions folder, copy "default.xml" to another filename, and then
change its uuid, ports, name, location, and any other info you want to change
and restart your regionserver.