[Opensim-users] Consequences of vicinity

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 30 21:46:53 UTC 2008

Hang on. We are getting afield a bit. There are several goals and tests going on in OSGrid that have nothing to do with HyperGrid.

One of these is developing a mainland, which by its nature needs sims side by side.Another is testing region crossings at sides and corners, which also by its nature needs sims side by side.

I admire and respect Diva's work, but lets also not loose sight of the other considerations that led to us creating a grid in the first place.

Those who wish to work on HyperGrid notions may certainly put their regions away from the growing mainland at 10000,10000. I believe that the area less then 4096, 4096 may be more suitable for HyperGrid notions as it bypasses the "4096 arithmetic problem" in the client.

Charles