[Opensim-users] Consequences of vicinity

John Hopkin opensim at jfhopkin.karoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 14:10:16 UTC 2008

This sounds a good idea to me, and I was thinking of doing it anyway,
just to have a sort of buffer zone.

Has anyone any idea of the overhead incurred by a water region?  I
have a 2x2 estate (4 regions), which would mean another 12 regions to
surround it, so it's important they don't drag things down too much.

And does it make any difference whether the region actually is water,
or would a desert (flat terrain, no prims) be just as low in resource
usage?  How about terrain that's been landscaped?

John