[Opensim-users] Using ODE and Mono for Ubuntu Linux

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Mon Dec 22 00:48:39 UTC 2008

Thanks  - yes, it is 32 bit. Just created yet another fresh opensim
install, changed the
physics engine to OpenDynamicsEngine and commented out the basicphysics,
and get the same bizarre behavior (avatar can move down through the terrain;
no collisions...). Not only that, but creating a prim creates an
exception eminating
from the [Physics] module, thus crashing OpenSim.

 Also did a parallel install on windows with same settings--no
problems.. Odd.

Dave Coyle wrote:
> On 2008-12-21 16:52:54 -0500, fishwick at cise.ufl.edu wrote:
>
>>   I am using a 32 bit system, but not absolutely sure.. is "uname
>>   -a" the way to find out?
>>

> That often works with distro-provided kernels.  You could also use:
>
>     $ getconf LONG_BIT
>     32
>     $
>
> -Coyle

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
University of Florida
Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
Bldg. CSE, Room 301
P.O. Box 116120
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu