[Opensim-users] verse (Re: realxtend integration)

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Dec 12 11:41:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Jeroen van Veen wrote:

> "I do recall that Eskil himself didn't use it for his MMO"
> this doesn't seem to be the case(Unless the info on the quel solaar website
> is incorrect). From the quel solaar site:
> "Love is also an experiment in how games can be developed drastically more
> efficient using technologies like Verse, procedural generation, new tools

Certainly what he writes there is correct, being the first hand account of
an honest person :)

.. but I think that still says that he's using it in the development, not
for the actual running of the game, but am not sure (don't remember from
where got the info that it would not be used in the game itself).

> community as an example). Isn't he cooperating with the khronos group to add
> wider support for verse?

Don't know, can be - I think either the Verse mailing list (i'm on that
too) or the irc channel (#verse on freenode) would be the ways to find
out.

~Toni