[Opensim-users] As of OpenSim r7654. SL RAW textures are now imported the 'right' way around

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:51:28 UTC 2008

So, in r7654 I put in the patch by jonc so that LL RAW textures are now imported the right way around, rather than
flipped along the y axis (this is the one myself, Stefan and MW were discussing last week, for those on the opensim-dev
mailing list).  One source of these textures are the RAW terrain buttons in the Linden Labs Second Life client.

However, this unfortunately means that any existing RAW textures you saved from OpenSim before r7654 will now appear
flipped on the y axis on import.  To correct this in OpenSim, first import the terrain.  Then, making sure that the
correct region is selected (via the change-region console command), execute

terrain flip y

on the console.  I'm told that this should flip the terrain around the correct way.  There is also a terrain flip x command.

Imports of other terrain types (raw32, png, etc) are unaffected.

This is a bit of a pain but should hopefully make things easier in the long term.

Many thanks to jonc for the patches and to Stefan for helping to push this change along.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey