[Opensim-users] opensim migration strategy

Generic Email generic.email.30022 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 18:57:50 UTC 2008

I am so glad you brought these up.
I believe these are also misconceptions...

In many circumstances, primarily where transactions are involved,
SQLite beats the pants off mySQL http://www.sqlite.org/speed.html

Granted they are old tests, and I am sure we have all gotten better
since then, but remember, it almost isn't a fair comparison. SQLite
has hundreds of fewer features and an order of magnitude less
complexity when compared with MySQL. All it does is quickly store and
retrieve data.

Did you know that SQLite db writes are journaled, and and failure will
result in the transactions being rolled back to a known good state? It
is being used on literally millions of cellphones every day, with zero
maintenance. If it was easy to corrupt, then I believe the major
hardware manufacturers would be steering clear of it, but instead they
are moving forward and paying for its maintenance.

I really enjoyed listening to http://twit.tv/floss26

Thanks again.