[Opensim-users] toward a new client

Joss Winn jwinn at lincoln.ac.uk
Thu Dec 4 19:26:48 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just joined this list and saw that Gerco below said:

> Furthermore, I have a 64 bits CentOS 5 server, which means I am more or
> less stuck on two fronts: no robust mono support as mentioned above and no
> OpenSim 64 bits support that I'm aware of.
>

> Mono for 64 bits RedHat flavors will eventually happen I guess..someone
> will get it done. Perhaps OpenSim developers could contemplate whether it's
> necessary to do a 64 bits version too - even if it's only once a month or
> milestone releases.

It's partially true, but I've recently got OpenSim running on a 64bit RedHat Enterprise server. The same would apply for a CentOS 5 server.

Some notes here:

http://learninglab.lincoln.ac.uk/wiki/OpenSim

If anyone wants me to go into more detail, please ask and I'll update the wiki.

I've a bunch of questions of my own, mainly client side, but I'll leave them for another post.

Cheers
Joss

--
Joss Winn