[Opensim-users] toward a new client

Opensource Obscure open at autistici.org
Tue Dec 2 16:07:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 07:42:40 -0800 (PST), Charles Krinke <cfk at pacbell.net>
wrote:
> I would urge folks to test the Rex client on OpenSim for compatibility
and
> report on the #opensim channel of their progress.
>
> It is to our advantage to encourate the Rex folks and as they make their
> client more compatible with OpenSim and the current SecondLife client, it
> helps us all to test and help them improve it.

I agree, but I can't help with testing because of ... no linux
version available.

I am not really a coder - so I cannot give direct help with porting.

I'd be glad to contribute to a bounty for making a linux version.

The last update by Ryan McDougall looks discouraging to me.

As you wrote, a client more compatible with OpenSim and the
current SecondLife client would be good - sure: but also
a client _actually available_ for platforms that OpenSim and
current SecondLife client already support would be good.
Which one is more important?

This said, as I rarely write on this list, I take the chance to thank
you all people working on Opensim (and Realxtend) for your great work.
I also thank people who contribute to this list with interesting
questions that raise useful answers - e.g. Paul Fishwick

Opensource Obscure
friendfeed.com/oobscure