[Opensim-users] Questions after upgrading...

Terry Ford terry at trades.net
Wed Apr 16 22:34:22 UTC 2008

Hi all,

After every server upgrade I need to reset all the terrain data for each
region as it always goes back to default.
I've tried experimenting various ways to overcome this but without success.

I'm running a "Grid" setup using MySQL serving 16 regions on a windows box.
When setting it up I've done the following:
- I have uploaded and set new textures (all 4) via the region tools
option in the viewer to one of my regions.
- Via the console I change to that particular region and "save terrain
myfile.raw"
- I then restart all of the servers
- Via the opensim console I issue "terrain load myfile.raw" which
applies the custom textures to all regions.
- I issue via the console "terrain bake"

Everything is fine 'till the next server version upgrade.

My upgrade procedure goes like this:
When I upgrade, I make an exact copy of my db, then make a new folder
and copy the new bin file with everything from the new build there.
- I copy the old regions folder/files over to the new bin folder
- I copy the old inventory folder/files to the new bin folder
- I copy the asset folder/files to the new bin folder
- I copy the custom terrain I generated (myfile.raw) to the bin folder
- I setup all config files to connect to the new db which is an exact
copy of the old one.

Am I missing/overlooking something here?

Does anyone know how to do this and keep the old custom textures intact
after an upgrade?

Thank-you.
-Terry