[Opensim-users] Rload-xml in later versions

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 9 19:43:52 UTC 2008

>The issue might actually be fixed in the latest build - some further
>fixes were performed on object deserialization
>
> > I have also met this problem 2 weeks ago. After I set the "physics"
> > option in opensim.ini to another engine instead of basicphysics, e.g.
> > physics = OpenDynamicsEngine,  the load-xml works ok now...

A correction on further checks.  If I use the latest nightly build 0-
41160... and leave opensim.ini with the default physics =
basicphysics.. then on loading the saved xml file I get

load-xml opensim-iroom-linked-169.xml -newUID 0 0 40

loadOffsets <X,Y,Z> = <0,0,40>

20:34:38 - [TASK INVENTORY]: ReadXml current node before actions, TaskInventory
20:34:38 - [TASK INVENTORY]: Skipping empty element TaskInventory
20:34:38 - [TASK INVENTORY]: ReadXml current node after actions, ObjectFlags
20:34:38 - [SCENE OBJECT GROUP]: Current node RootPart
20:34:38 - [TASK INVENTORY]: ReadXml current node before actions, TaskInventory
20:34:38 - [TASK INVENTORY]: Skipping empty element TaskInventory
20:34:38 - [TASK INVENTORY]: ReadXml current node after actions, ObjectFlags
                      above 3 lines repeated multiple times for each
object group
20:34:38 - [Console]: Command [load-xml opensim-iroom-linked-169.xml
-newUID 0 0 40] failed with exception System.NullReferenceException:

It then just loads a single object group of the saved XML file... not
all the building.

If I change physics = OpenDymamicsEngine in opensim.ini it loads
without the error, but with the same (and many more for te additional
object groups) "skipping" debug entries.

I assume we have an error with basicphysics set for save-xml file loading?