[Opensim-users] bad prim, bad!

Steve Salter ssalter at indiana.edu
Wed Apr 2 13:08:35 UTC 2008

Hello,

  Brand new OpenSim user here, please excuse my vast ignorance! :) I'm
not very conversant with SecondLife either so that doubles my lack of
knowledge.

I managed to create and load a terrain, create a new body and clothes,
and so on. Whee! I can FLY. :)

This morning I tried adding a primitive, a cube. OpenSim crashed. When I
try to start it again this is what I get.

08:46:51 - [PARCEL]: Found master avatar
[d798683c-fe5d-42ed-b6a3-8229cfb7405f]
08:46:51 - [SCENE]: Loading objects from datastore
08:46:51 - [DATASTORE]: Loaded 1 prims for region:
0a915de4-96b2-4229-9758-f66a9
1ad051c
[APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an
instanc
e of an object.
   at
OpenSim.Region.Environment.Scenes.SceneObjectPart.ApplyPhysics(UInt32 root
ObjectFlags, Boolean m_physicalPrim)
   at
OpenSim.Region.Environment.Scenes.SceneObjectGroup.ApplyPhysics(Boolean m_
physicalPrim)
   at
OpenSim.Region.Environment.Scenes.Scene.LoadPrimsFromStorage(Boolean m_per
missions, LLUUID regionID)
   at
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.RegionApplicationBase.SetupScene(RegionInfo reg
ionInfo, Int32 proxyOffset, UDPServer& udpServer, Boolean m_permissions)
   at OpenSim.OpenSimMain.CreateRegion(RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean
portadd_fl
ag)
   at
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.LoadRegions.LoadRegionsPlugin.Initialise(OpenSi
mMain openSim)
   at OpenSim.OpenSimMain.StartUp()
   at OpenSim.Application.Main(String[] args)

Application is terminating: True

How do I fix this? Is there a sqllite "db" file I can edit to remove the
prim, if it was inserted improperly into a table?  Do I need to rebuild
from the SVN and start over?

By the way, is this the proper list to address such questions to?  I
generally try to resolve things myself until I run totally out of
options and ideas.

thanks,
Steve