[Opensim-users] Hosting OPENSIM behind a firewall

Ursula MATOVA ursula.matova at klintcentral.net
Sat Oct 13 22:51:32 UTC 2007

Greetings All,

Well, I'm trying to get some informations and help to be able to run
my own grid at home and to be able to share it with some of my friends.

The only documentation I found on internet is the following : http://
opensimulator.org/wiki/
OpenSim:Network_settings#Issues_with_NAT_and_Port_Forwarding

I have tried to set it up a few weeks ago, without success ...

Could somebody point me to some more "howto" or giving me some
informations / tips ?

For your informations,

I'm running a 4x4 sims grid under windows ( for now, I'll move to
linux asap ).

I'm using a home made firewall using NetBSD ( IPF / IPNAT ) and have
my Own DNS Server for my internals servers ...

I also have a static external IP address, and I can manage the DNS
entries for my domain name.

Any help will be very appreciated,

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ursula.

(( Sorry about my english ... But sometimes, it's really bad ))