[Opensim-dev] Region crossings in Open Simulator - testing

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Tue Feb 20 03:09:33 UTC 2024

I'm trying out region crossings in my Sharpview viewer.
Simple avatar walking for now - no vehicles.

Notes:

I'd previously mentioned having an avatar stuck on a region boundary in
Sharpview. Today I had one get stuck in Firestorm, right on a region
boundary. The avatar can move along the edge, but can't move into
either region. Location:

     hop://hg.osgrid.org:80/Friggin Awesome NE/160/0/22

also at

     hop://hg.osgrid.org:80/Friggin Awesome/254/177/22

I've had avatars get stuck there in both Firestorm and Sharpview.
In each case, the avatar cannot get off the region boundary by
itself. But I've been able to push stuck avatars across the
region boundary with another avatar. Sharpview can push the Firestorm
avatar across, and Firestorm can push the Sharpview avatar across.

Sharpview logging shows the avatar object getting update messages
from both regions.

Friggin Awesome NE is running
OpenSim 0.9.3.0 Nessie Dev ae73999ad-2023-04-13 21:16:24 +01

This problem never seems to happen at the Ubittest/Ubittest2 boundary.
Those are running

OpenSim 0.9.3.0 Nessie Dev 854f672 (no date)
OpenSim 0.9.3.0 Nessie Dev c1438e0 (no date)

So, although those have the same version number, they behave differently.

Comments?

			John Nagle
			Joe Magarac on OS