[Opensim-dev] proposal: opensimulator update to DOTNET 7

Leal Duarte ajlduarte at sapo.pt
Fri Feb 16 14:56:41 UTC 2024

Will not while there is the risk of regions eating all the available
memory, just because failed GC, like happened with mono.

and when most the so called advantages of newer versions are mostly just
pure "smoke and mirrors..", with basically no practical returns

Additionally some of those claimed improvements would require deep code
rewrite, again with very little returns...

Eventually forced obsolescence will force us to move, like the breaking
change we had to do from mono/net4.x to dotnet 6.

Ubit