[Opensim-dev] How does PBR material scale/rotation/offset reach the viewer?

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Sat Jul 8 20:38:00 UTC 2023

Where are the "material overrides" sent over the network?

Extra parameters on objects?

- I'm recognizing the new type for PBR material info, and it's just
an array of face indices and a UUID.

glTF content in PBR material assets?

- I've dumped a few of those, and they didn't have scale/rotation/offset
data. The glTF spec does not show those as part of a material. They're
part of a 3D object in glTF.

- LLSD content in PBR materials?

There's an LLSD wrapper around the glTF material info (which is JSON
encoded). That could have extra parameters. But I haven't seen any.

- LLSD content in regular materials?

That's the logical place. Those are key-value pairs, and that's
where "SpecRepeatX", "NormRotation", etc. are sent to the viewer.
So adding new keys for something like "BaseColorRotation", etc.
would make sense. But I'm not seeing code in the Linden viewer, PBR
version, to read anything new from there.

Anybody found this yet?

					John Nagle