[Opensim-dev] Compiling opensim on linux

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Mon Jun 20 15:29:39 UTC 2022

On 2022-06-20 11:00, Sinesurfer wrote:
> I am trying building opensim on linux, on Mono 6.8.0 (Ubuntu 21.04)
> and Mono 6.12.0 (Fedora 36). In both cases the build fails.
>
> On both systems there is something wrong with UuidGatherer.cs.On this
> file, with xbuild it says "Object reference not set to an object."
> (see below). With nant it says "The type or namespace name `Queue'
> could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?".

I removed nant from my system it seemed it was no longer possible to use it,
IIRC.

I am using a slightly older copy of Linux Mint and I have mono 6.12
installed. I just pulled the latest git master code. It compiled without
error using both xbuild and msbuild. The only differences is that xbuild is
a lot slower than msbuild and it warns you that you should be using msbuild.

Use 'git status' to see and if you have any files in the tree that should
not be there. You probably know you need to run ./prebuild.sh if you have a
clean source tree before you can build the code.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick