[Opensim-dev] Introduction of a sitemap style system for users and land

Alan Johnston alan.johnston at allvirtualsocial.com
Tue Jul 3 21:24:24 UTC 2018

Hello I am Alan as some of you already know, I am looking to create a new search engine that will be just for virtual worlds. Im  looking to create a crawler that will look at the grids website, and also look at a few other bits for the grid, so then people can search for things in the virtual world, and one thing I’m looking to introduce Is a sitemap style users system and also land, I’m working on the schema for it, but it would look a lot like sitemap schema, this is something I’m looking into making, as some of you know the current sitemap schema is as follows
<urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
<url>
<loc>https://www.example.com/something</loc>
<priority>1.0</priority>
<changefreq>daily</changefreq>
<lastmod>2018-07-03</lastmod>
</url>
</urlset>
And that it is has a maximum of 500 URL’s or 50MB in size, if it is larger it is subset with a sitemap-index.xml which has the schema of
<sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
<sitemap>
<loc>https://www.example.com/sitemap.xml</loc>
<lastmod>2018-07-03</lastmod>
</sitemap>
</sitemapindex>

My proposal which I’m working on would follow this system loosely it would have these as the base of the system, and would be easy to create them from websites, I have yet to sort out the full proposal and wondered if the land section could be implemented into opensim core its self (as there is no profile for users with a web interface in the core, and a far as I can tell there might not be which I understand), I am working on the schema at present and will be looking to have a full proposal of the schema in the next few days, I am hopeing to have both schemas done in the next few days.
Would this be something that can be implemented into opensim core so then it would help the search engine which at present would be mine but could be introduced into other search engines aswell, I am working on my search engine as we speak and also the bot crawler, I will update everyone with the schema and information on the schema soon.

Alan Johnston

Sent from Mail for Windows 10