[Opensim-dev] Unreal viewer: summoning the coders (Diva Canto)

Tommy Anderberg Tommy.Anderberg at simplicial.net
Sun Dec 23 14:03:40 UTC 2018

> So, after a lot of brainstorming and researching what's available, we've
> now zoomed in on two main pieces: Xenko (https://xenko.com/) and
> Chromiumfx (https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromiumfx/src/default/).
> The project will be in C#, so there's already a ton of code that we can
> grab from OpenSim and libomv. All of these pieces are open source with
> friendly licenses.

Christmas comes early this year. Xenko and OpenSim really look like a
great fit.

Can you already tell whether ChromiumFX is able to live happily in VR
too? If not, it would be nice to have a clean interface between content
rendering and UI, so ChromiumFX can easily be swapped out for something
else if/when the need arises.