[Opensim-dev] Mute List OpenSim.ini settings

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 20:37:48 UTC 2017

Thanks @Ubit...

I had taken Melanie's code commit as code for a possible future
capability that could be built upon.

It was the commenting out of the OSGrid mute list .php URL in the
OpenSim.ini in the latest OSGrid region add on distribution which
surprised me. As I would expect the old Mute list URL to still be needed.

I did see some first time use test offline IM deliveries ignored on
testing between two OSGrid avatars today with the commented out lines
in the modified OSGrid OpenSim.ini though it worked between the same
off-line avatars in my test on a second attempt.  Not sure why the
first try failed without any report back.. but I have not
investigated or tested further yet.. or changed out own grid.  Hence
the question on what is meant to happen.

I guess we should ask if the commenting out of the Mute list .php URL
line in the OSGrid OpenSim.ini is therefore okay or not?  But Dan or
the OpenSim solks may know why he needed to do that.

So, to clarify...  if we are currently successfully using an
externally supplied (empty) .php Mute list URL on our grids do we
just leave that "as is"?