[Opensim-dev] Mute List OpenSim.ini settings

AJLDuarte ajlduarte at sapo.pt
Wed Nov 15 13:23:50 UTC 2017

Hi,
	If not using a external mutes module:
	Using Release code: no changes: mute lists will be deleted by login
region.
	Using git master:
		- both lines commented: viewers are told to use mute lists
in their caches (that may include other grids)
		- uncommented:  mute lists will be deleted by login region.

	There is no grid support/Robust.

	Melanie contribution module (Xmutes) requires that regions can
establish a direct tcp connection to a central MySQL server, and so exposing
it to world. Only acceptable with proper security like having all regions
and mySql inside same firewall.
	It can also be use or standalones.
	It is also a good start point for a Robust service, and that may
make it obsolete.

	At the moment, no estimated time for that Robust service
implementation :(

Hope this answers your questions
Ubit